• serve the prestige of dressage riders
• assist the governing bodies and the international organisers of dressage events in improving the image of the equestrian sport
• benefit equestrian sport
• uphold the spirit of good sportsmanship
• represent the interests of active international dressage riders
• promote the interest and image of the sport of dressage with respect to National Federations and Organising Committees
• to promote the sport of dressage in a more general way
• to ensure that FEI Rules are respected
• above all, respect the welfare of the horse
This mission has developed into four main policy areas:
Opinion leader – to form and clearly present publicly the opinions of riders.
System of judging – to work with the FEI, the International Dressage Officials Club and other stakeholders to set judging standards, improve judging accuracy and to promote transparency and accountability.
Development of dressage – to support the development of dressage, increase its professionalism and facilitate the level of funding within the sport.
Welfare of the horse – to ensure the welfare of the horse in dressage.
The IDRC has Board representation on the Dressage Committee, the Athletes Committee and is an Associate Member of the FEI and the European Equine Federation (EEF). The IDRC is your voice and you set our opinions!